What is Pongstars Approved? Well beer pong has recently been crippled by a plague. A plague of poorly run tournaments, that cause distrust and implosion among the beer pong community. To often players are investing time and money into tournaments that are under-managed and unorganized. Tournament “organizers” are biting off more than they can chew. They assume running a tournament consists of nothing more than gathering a few tables and a hand written bracket. With this in mind Pongstars.net introduces the The Pongstars Approved Program. With this literal seal of approval, a player can breathe easy knowing that the tournament they have put aside time and money to attend will live up to the promised experience.
Why do we need this program?
If all organizers produced an Ocean Grown Pong, Southwest Beer Pong, or East Coast Beer Pong experience, this would not be necessary. But with a deteriorating level of professionalism, beer pong needs a shock from the defibrillator. Pongstars.net has always been aiming to make this sport better than it has ever been. That starts by getting back to where pong once was. For a better explanation on this, check out our article about why we no longer support BPong or the WSOBP. With Pongstars Approved we’ll have better tournaments and players may once again feel safe. This will lead to them playing more often, allowing for more and bigger tournaments.
In order to make this new initiative a possibility, any event that officially receives a Pongstars Approved seal will not only be guaranteed by the tournament organizer, but by Pongstars.net LLC as well. What this means is that in the event the organization can not produce the advertised prize pool, Pongstars.net will make it right by supplying the necessary items/funds that are missing. The requirements that would need to be met for an even to become Pongstars Approved are as follows:
- Organizers must supply all tournament information in order for us to help optimize and plan accordingly if necessary
– Dates/Times, Structure, Payouts, Incentives, Venue, and so forth
- Ticket sales must to be sold through the Pongstars ticketing platform and held until one week prior to the event
- Scoreholio Tournament Manager must be used for all events that are compatible
- Prize Pools:
– Cash Tournaments:
– Supply 50% of the total prize pool upon event approval as a form of escrow
– Satellite Tournaments:
– Provide invoices from BPong or other organizers for proof of purchase for the bids associated with the tournament being submitted.
- Abiding by all other rules and regulations stated in the contractual agreement between Pongstars.net LLC and the organization holding the event.
What we hope to accomplish with Pongstars Approved
The overall purpose of the Pongstars Approved Program will be providing a way to hold all organizers accountable for their actions. As well as helping them promote/increase attendance to their event with the added security from Pongstars. This also puts the organizers who have caused us to go to these lengths in a position to reevaluate themselves. Other benefits to the Pongstars Approved program can be found below:
- Eliminate untrustworthy organizers and non-guaranteed events.
- Teach organizers how to host the most efficient/beneficial events possible.
- Help promote “approved” events to maximize attendance.
- Supply players with the promise that the event will be paid out as advertised and in a timely manner.
In the future, the seal of approval will accompany many other benefits specifically for organizers in the form of a specialized organizer program. This Verified Beer Pong Organizer Program will include such things as deep equipment discounts and significant organizational support at all levels. If you’re interested in seeing what events are currently approved, feel free to check out our dedicated listing of Pongstars Approved Events. Any organization that would like more information about about becoming Pongstars Approved or would like to submit an event can use our provided contact form or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.